Tired of reading the website contents!? Then checkout the cool software that reads the website content for you.
I found two Chrome Addons that would read the selected text for you on any website.
Select and Speak
Select and Speak uses iSpeech’s human-quality text-to-speech (TTS) to read any selected text in the browser. It includes many voices in different languages. The voice and speed options can be configured. Download Here.
Select and Speak includes the following text to speech languages:
English (Amerian, British, Australian, Canaian), French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Turkish, Czech, Finnish, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Hungarian, Polish, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Korean, and Greek.
– This Chrome extension sends the text that you select to iSpeech servers using your Internet connection as it is Cloud TTS service (aka SaaS or Software as a Service)
– iSpeech offers free and paid API and SDKs for text to speech, speech recognition and more. Please sign up and start using it
SpeakIt converts text into speech so you no longer need to read. Download here.
SpeakIt reads selected text using Text-to-Speech technology with language auto-detection. It can read text in more than 50 languages.
– First select the text you want it to read.
– Then click the icon to start listening.
– When it is ready to read, the number of sentences is shown on the icon.
– To stop listening at any time click pause
– After installation you may need to restart Chrome so SpeakIt can function correctly
– This extension uses Google and iSpeech text-to-speech service. Please visit http://goo.gl/OOVgp to see if it is accessible to you.
– don’t work on some encrypted web pages ( https:// ) and Chrome web store