If you have an unwanted television or computer, there are a number of free TV and computer recycling events this weekend as well as many permanent recycling facilities across Adelaide and regional South Australia.
Metropolitan Adelaide and surrounds switch from analog to digital television signal on 2 April 2013. These events and permanent drop off facilities provide a responsible way to dispose and recycle unwanted TV’s. Electronic waste should not be dumped on the kerbside or at charity stores or bins.
Drop off points open this weekend listed below are open to all South Australian householders and small businesses regardless of the council that you live in:
Adelaide Nursery (Adelaide City Council), War Memorial Drive, North Adelaide, Open: 9.00am to 4.00pm, Saturday 23 & Sunday 24 March
City of Campbelltown Depot, 6 Newton Road, Enter via Montactue Road, Open: 9.00am to 4.00pm, Saturday 23 & Sunday 24 March
Gumeracha Depot, Lot 27 John Fisher Avenue, Gumeracha, Open 8:00am to 4:00pm, Friday 22 & Saturday 23 March
The 14 permanent free drop off locations are listed on the Zero Waste SA website at: www.zerowaste.sa.gov.au/e-waste/ongoing-e-waste-recycling-options-in-south-australia.
This service is provided as part of the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme. More ongoing drop off sites in metropolitan and regional areas will become available throughout 2013. Your e-waste is recycled into many components, instead of going to landfill.
What you CAN drop off
· Computers and computer products
· Personal computers
· Laptops, notebooks, palmtops, tablets
· Computer monitors
· Parts for personal computers, e.g hard drives, motherboards, cards, internal power supplies, CPUs, DVD and CD drives
· Computer peripherals, e.g mice, keyboards, joysticks, game pads, scanners, web cameras
· Printers e.g ink-jet, dot matrix, laser and multi-functional devices
· This collection is for the general public and small business only. A maximum of 15 items per person will be accepted.
· Equipment that is heavily damaged or dismantled may not be accepted.
· For expediency and your safety, you may need to remain in your vehicle at the drop-off site when directed by site staff.
· It is your responsibility to delete any data from your devices.
This message has been authorised by:
Zero Waste SA