This article discuss on how to backup your website: (provided by WordPress
Website Host Provided Backup Software
Most website hosts provide software to back up your site. Check with your host to find out what services and programs they provide.
Create Sync With Your Site
2Bright Sparks’s Syncback andWinSCP are programs which allow you to sync with your website to keep a mirror copy of the content on your server and hard drive updated. It saves time and makes sure you have the latest files in both places.
– Copy locked or open files (XP/2003/Vista)
– Fast Backup and Smart Synchronization
– Versioning (keep previous backup versions)
– Powerful FTP engine & AES encryption
– Superb feature set and customization
– Generous Licensing Policy
– Extensive Help Documentation
SyncBack is our multi-award winning freeware program that helps you easily backup and synchronise your files to: the same drive; a different drive or medium (CDRW, CompactFlash, etc); an FTP server; a Network; or a Zip archive.
Copy Your Files to Your Desktop
Using FTP Clients or UNIX Shell Skills you can copy the files to a folder on your computer. Once there, you can zip or compress them into a zip file to save space, allowing you to keep several versions.
Begin by clicking database in your phpMyAdmin panel. Select your database.
1. Select ONLY those that hold your WordPress site.
2. Check the “Add DROP TABLE” box.
3. Check the “Complete inserts” box.
4. Check the “Save as File” box
5. Check the “None” for compression. If your database is very large use a compression method.
6. Click Go. The data will now be saved into your computer.