Home / Language / English / Danger of Energy Saving Bulbs

Danger of Energy Saving Bulbs

Warning from the British Ministry of health about Energy Saving bulbs

These type of bulbs which are called Energy Saving or low Energy bulbs, if it is broken it causes serious danger! As much that everybody will have to leave the room for at least 15 minutes.
  Because it contains Mercury (poisonous) which cause migraine, disorientation, imbalances and different other health problems when inhaled.
  And many people with allergies, causes them severe skin condition and other diseases just by touching this substance or inhaling it.
  Also the ministry warned by NOT cleaning the debris of the broken bulb with the vacuum cleaner, because it would spread the contamination to other rooms in the house while using the vacuum cleaner again.
  It must be cleaned through normal broom or brush and be kept in a sealed bag and thrown right away from the house in the bin for hazardous materials.  
   Notice: Mercury is dangerous, more poisonous than lead or arsenic!!!!

About Mohammad

Dr Mohammad Khazab completed his Ph.D. in Computer Systems Engineering (Artificial Intelligence) at the University of South Australia in 2011. He has worked as Senior Software Engineer, Web Developer, and Research Associate on various projects. Currently he works at Schneider Electric on the design and development of new software solutions for smart devices used for home automation and Internet of Things. He's also been working on enterprise software for supply chain network simulation and optimisation, advanced planning and scheduling. In his spare times, he runs Web2day Design creating websites and mobile applications. He is also likes researching and writing about cutting-edge technologies in this blog. He has ambitions to solve real-world problems, and to use his knowledge and skills to develop useful applications.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: